خدمات IOT (إنترنت الأشياء)
Sigfox is rolling out the first global IoT network to listen to billions of objects broadcasting data, without the need to establish and maintain network connections. This unique approach in the world of wireless connectivity, where there is no signaling overhead, a compact and optimized protocol, and where objects are not attached to the network. Sigfox offers a software based communications solution, where all the network and computing complexity is managed in the Cloud, rather than on the devices. All that together, it drastically reduces energy consumption and costs of connected devices.
- Ultra Narrow Band radio modulation: Using the Ultra Narrow Band modulation, Sigfox operate in the 200 kHz of the publicly available band to exchange radio messages over the air. Each message is 100 Hz wide and transferred at 100 or 600 bits per second a data rate, depending on the region. Hence, long distances can be achieved while being very robust against the noise.
- Lightweight protocol: Sigfox has tailored a lightweight protocol to handle small messages. Less data to send means less energy consumption, hence longer battery life.
- Small payload: An up link message has up to 12-bytes payload and takes an average 2s over the air to reach the base stations which monitors the spectrum looking for UNB signals to demodulate. For a 12-byte data payload, Sigfox frame will use 26 bytes in total. The payload allowance in down link messages is 8 bytes.
- بنية شبكة النجوم: لا يتم توصيل الجهاز بمحطة قاعدة معينة على عكس البروتوكولات الخلوية. يتم تلقي رسالة البث من قبل أي محطة أساسية في النطاق ، والتي هي 3 في المتوسط.
- Design choices and benefits: Sigfox has designed its technology and network to meet the requirements of mass IoT applications; long device battery life-cycle, low device cost, low connectivity fee, high network capacity, and long range.
The high quality of service of Sigfox network relies on spatial diversity coupled with the time and frequency diversity of the radio frame repetitions.